Evolution!

In a world such as ours, where technology is upgrading in a rate that we can’t get our heads around, where you can practically get anything online from the things that clothe you to the things that feed you to finding your soul-mate(it’s been known to happen!). We’re in a world that is capable of doing anything, of course, living in certain countries either gives you carte blanche to such facilities or wipes the memory of the word “carte blanche” from your memories the way Will Smith wipes memories with that device of his in Men in Black!

But why is it that I would rather be a in a place stripped from the word high-tech, in a place where I know that the tomatoes I’m eating are freshly grown and not are a result of an over-fertilized greenhouse? Or the mint that I’m having in my tea is one I picked from the small square behind my house I proudly call my garden rather than those foul smelling mints we buy from the market. I swear to you, they don’t even smell like mint anymore, they smell like they’ve been watered by sewage blended in rotten eggs soaked in fish guts that were fed dog shit!!! I put out your appetite, eh?! It wouldn’t have been fair to the mints if I did not do my best to translate my disgust, and trust me, I’m not doing them justice!

My mom wants to buy a piece of land just to start planting her own vegetables and fruit, you are what you eat no? And how can you know who you are if you don’t know what you’re eating? Just because it looks like a cucumber does not mean it is, it sure doesn’t taste like one! It’s like the taste is diluting! And hey, I do want to stay alive and healthy to see what the next generation is going to evolve to. Humans from the outside, and what from the inside?
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

11 Response to "Evolution!"

  1. PH says:
    May 28, 2009 at 1:05 a.m.

    Was just going to make a post with the same title, will have to change it now :)). Totally agree with you on the food and fertilizers it is really scary and if you thought Libya was bad try buying organic food abroad; they have stores dedicated for them and you have to pay more than double the price for the same stuff !

  2. Romana says:
    May 29, 2009 at 10:00 p.m.

    haha, you dont have to change ur title PH, im sure ppl will notice the difference in our 'evolution's! :)

    I knowww, it is sad really, paying more money to get the real stuff! guess it is like that with everything nowadays, not just food!
    wonder how its going to be like for the next generation!

    Oh, and thanks for stopping by :)

  3. Happymoi says:
    June 7, 2009 at 11:53 p.m.

    I miss you girl.

    I so agree with your discription of the mint...omg how accurate! eww!

    Did i say i miss you? i do really.

  4. Romana says:
    June 9, 2009 at 9:05 a.m.

    HAPPYMOIII! i miss you toooo! I know I havent been around lately!!! and I havent said MABROUUKKK just yet!!! :( soorrryyy! MABROUK MABROUK MABROUK :)))
    you have no idea how happy i am for you, I only recently found out from your "come back" post that you got engaged! i was like, wooow, wait, when did this happen! hahaha

    3o2bal il happiness illi fil dinya kolha 7abibiti :)))
    and you'll get used to thinking together, i know its not easy at all! bs you'll get used to it in the long run :)))

  5. a_akak says:
    June 9, 2009 at 10:13 a.m.

    ROMANA you are back :D !!!!!!!!!!!!! I never noticed your blog is up again :D anyway hope you and your family are doing well and are in the best of health :D

    Back to the story:

    There are two side to any story, as much as I disagree with the over genetic over modified vegs (or maybe find them another futuristic name) but they serve a bigger purpose as some countries cant enjoy the fresh fruit we enjoy plus money makes the world around and everything comes down to efficiency and productivity, however, saying that I do worry about the amounts of pesticides used by farmers in Libya and how the use of these chemicals are uncontrolled

    Plot of land? I like the idea it’s a sound investment and source of enjoyment so you can go wrong :)

    Its GREAT to have you back :)

    Fe Aman Allah

  6. Romana says:
    June 9, 2009 at 10:30 a.m.

    yup I am back bro! haha not as regularly though!

    ofcourse there are two sides to every story, but u know I wasnt speaking in a broad prespective, i was only speaking in regards to Libya.. and how sad things are evolving in to!

    And THANK YOU again dear :)

  7. Anonymous Says:
    July 14, 2009 at 3:11 a.m.

    In reply to your question, I'm in Libya on an off and on basis :) still haven't totally settled down because of work; but planning on.
    Why are you asking on behalf of Mani ? he has my email ? or is he harjan ?

  8. Anonymous Says:
    July 15, 2009 at 8:28 a.m.
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  9. Romana says:
    July 15, 2009 at 8:31 a.m.

    no, not at all, la 7orjan wala
    7aja. Mani was at my office asking me who's still active,gave him a briefing, told him that i thought you were in Libya as a result of reading one of your posts about how hot it is here; hence the comments :)

  10. PH says:
    July 16, 2009 at 6:46 p.m.

    long explanation :)) I was just teasing you and pulling your leg; but now that you've given me such a long explanation I'm having second thoughts :)).
    If you see him tell him PH says hi ya ma3fin .

    P.S. when you delete a comment delete it completely because people can see who deleted the comment.

    salaam

  11. Romana says:
    July 16, 2009 at 11:24 p.m.

    you thought that was long! and i thought i was being very minimal believe it or not!!! :S

    I will pass on the message :)

    2nd thoughts???

    and yea, i was looking at "comment deleted by author" this morning... couldnt be bothered to delete any further!