Destruction, Part II

my friend and i were taking a stroll by Al-shatt road, and i was shocked to see they have started their seriers of tearing buildings down. seems like they're enjoying it , inshalla ma yoosloosh fi 7oshna bs! lol so check, tab3an tab3an, everything is in the name of "6a6weer"!


quoting from my friend " destruction Vs Nature" building down, tree untouched... more destruction Vs nature, "there's beauty in the breakdown"


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

18 Response to "Destruction, Part II"

  1. PH says:
    July 29, 2007 at 4:24 p.m.

    "destruction Vs nature"

    Thats a good observation .... it takes longer to regrow trees than it does to rebuild buildings so maybe it's a good thing .... thanks for sharing the photos by the way ... what was the wall for in the first picture ?

    salaam

  2. aisha says:
    July 29, 2007 at 8:54 p.m.

    i think its 'illegal' to uproot a palm tree in Libya. I'm saying I think because I heard this ma3looma more than 12 years ago

  3. Romana says:
    July 30, 2007 at 10:51 a.m.

    Cof, jokin? u r joking right?
    "People, you make me laugh, you people who come here and pretend you like it??" ???

    could you please care to explain that please? cos my sense of humour is dipping really low at the moment...

  4. Romana says:
    July 30, 2007 at 10:56 a.m.

    Ph, i will let my friend know its a good observation :) she pointed it out not me..

    the 1st was for the next destruction bits, thats how they start the destruction, step one spray in red, step 2, BOOM, destruct, so 1st pic, was 1st step...

    aisha, it is true, it is illegal to uproot a tree in Libya, i just found out recently to tell u the truth, very ignorant of me not to know! but now i do, so, yea, the rule still applies till now...

    thanks for visiting Aisha..

  5. Ala says:
    July 30, 2007 at 11:26 a.m.

    I apologise

    My joke was a bad one
    I’ll delete those 2 comments

  6. Romana says:
    July 30, 2007 at 11:30 a.m.

    i asked "could you please care to explain that please? cos my sense of humor is dipping really low at the moment... "

    is there somewhere in those lines something that inclined "plz bugger off? or delete? or anything for that matter that is an unwelcoming besides me obviously being shocked?

    i needed an explanation Cof, not a radical action by ur side to delete ur comments...

    dont do that!

    u really shouldnt have...i wish u didnt... not cool..

  7. Weldemdina says:
    July 30, 2007 at 11:42 a.m.

    Thank you Romana for sharing these photos, at least next time I visit Tripoli I wont feel that I came to the wrong city, with so many landmarks going down, but lets hope that graffiti guys don’t get carried away and start marking down people's homes .

  8. Romana says:
    July 30, 2007 at 12:03 p.m.

    loool, yea Weldemdina, lol, thats the same thing i wrote in my post, hope they wont be marking my house next! lol u might never know! some are allowed to get carried away!

  9. Anglo-Libyan says:
    July 30, 2007 at 12:20 p.m.

    what was that place? I dont recognise it!

    thanks for the pictures

  10. Romana says:
    July 30, 2007 at 12:36 p.m.

    If memory serves me right, i think, im not sure, but i think this was an old resturant in Al-shat Road...

    u're welcome Anglo Libyan

  11. Anglo-Libyan says:
    July 30, 2007 at 1:07 p.m.

    was it called شط النخيل ?

    it looks familiar

  12. Romana says:
    July 30, 2007 at 1:37 p.m.

    i actually to call my friend and ask her! loool
    it is called shat il na7'eel! lol

    :)

  13. Abdurrauf Ben Madi says:
    July 30, 2007 at 1:43 p.m.

    (inshalla ma yoosloosh fi 7oshna bs)
    7ta hoshna ya rab

    visit my blog I updated some thing about that.

  14. Anonymous Says:
    July 30, 2007 at 6:40 p.m.

    this building was they onlylocal example for the folded structure system....and now it's gone...wahh!!

    but honestly i never even liked it, it reminds me of the fifties or sixties of the previuos century..anyway....there IS a plan to devalope the coast line soon, it will be full of hotels and resorts...so we will wait and see :D

  15. Hiba says:
    July 30, 2007 at 11:27 p.m.

    i saw that befor ya ya Romana:D
    well,u have to see سوق عين زارة
    Go to see what they made on it :P
    when i Saw 3in zarah shop.i took so fast my right and stop my care to take the pictuer..and all the cars was having fun on me..becoues i have Camira:D

    so,Go thier and take some photes:D
    i wont` say..But that was like
    حوش مخلع الأبواب والنوافذ


    -----
    نقولك حاجة اني شامه ريحة إستعمار بإسم الإستثمار


    وردي بالك علي حوشكم ماتعرفيش طمعة منو بطيح عليه

  16. Hiba says:
    July 30, 2007 at 11:30 p.m.

    اسم المكان مصيف أو منتدي شاطيء النخيل..
    وفيها صالة أفراح...أو كانت فيها صالة أفراح

    بنت عمي دارت حفلتها ايام زمان فيها
    أيامات كانت صالة عليها القيمه

    اييييييييييييييه
    ياحسرة

  17. Romana says:
    July 31, 2007 at 10:34 a.m.

    hey ema, wenik ya bett?
    when are you going to update?????

    i want to read! lol

    yea, i know what u're talking about, boom, its gone, sa7 it is hideous, who ever constructed it had no taste... bs isnt that the case in most buildings? yalla ya setti, o e7na malna! lol

    hibooo, wallahi, 7atta soog 3een zara tayrooh? soog il tlat 7awlooh 7atta howa... mawja 9awiya hadi ta3rfi... ma2saaa inshalla bs hal tatweer yseer minnah... bladna 7elwa, inshalla 7'er!

  18. Hiba says:
    August 3, 2007 at 10:57 p.m.

    loooooooooooROMANAoooooooooooooool

    ----------------
    Why You guys..Ignoer me and ignoer my blogg..!!
    few of you all join it and post few Comment.i hate That...
    i will make big 3arkahhhhhhhhhhhhh