My feelings, My thoughts, Myself…

I used to write, write a lot, it was my way of letting me out of me… as silly as those words sound, but writing was a way I could express myself without anyone judging me…without anyone grading me, without anyone telling me, Romana, this isn't right… the fact that I chose to spend my time, my space, typing away on a WordPad means it’s the right thing, for me. I don’t want someone telling me this isn’t right… im not a kid anymore, I know im not a proper adult, but im old enough to make my own decisions, ones I can truly call mine. I miss writing, I miss letting go, I miss the satisfaction of it all, I just miss forming words into sentences, and say "I wrote this" I miss it.

I'll share this with you, I've always wanted to be a writer… I don’t know what else I have to add to the world, I just know im another different person… yes I am but a mere population statistic to the world, but I matter to my friends, to my family, to the people I communicate with, to the people I share something with no matter how trivial. I do exist, all I have to do is write and let you know that I DO EXIST…or else u wouldn't have known, I would've been a statistic to you too.

You know what I want to do? I want to apologize to all the people I've hurt during my life, we all do it one way or another, passively, actively, it's not the way, it’s the result… it is done… it is true the intention is what matters the most, but when someone is hurt, can we stop and say " I did not mean to hurt to, it wasn't my intention to hurt you, it's not my fault" or rather say " im so sorry I've hurt you" and stop there, and ask what was the cause of hurt…why was I the reason to ache that someone's heart?

Feelings are abstract; they've been teaching us that since primary school, as an example for the word "abstract".
Often than not, one of my ex-friends and I would have this argument "I did not say anything to hurt u, why are u hurt, I did not mean to" she'd say, and I'd tell her " but im hurt, I cant control being hurt, I am just hurt" can you control being hurt?

God I miss her.
I usually write down lines from movies, cause I simply fall in love with them,
"She's a great person, she's just not great with me" I can't remember what movie that was in, but that’s how I best describe my relationship with my ex-friend. She is a great person…….

"I did what I had to do, because it was the right thing to do that is all. Now we are all ordinary people, but even in an ordinary secretary, or an ordinary housewife, or a teenager, can within their own small ways turn on a small light in a dark room"
From the movie Freedom Fighters.
It is a beautiful movie, an extension to my "what would you do if you where in their shoes???" post. It says it all. It’s a true story. If you can get it, please do, I guarantee you will love it as much I did.

Im typing this from home, I want to share it with you, share my feelings, true feelings with you. Hey you got to see my emotional side!

You take care, all of you, everyone who has you in their lives is lucky, and you are lucky because you are in their lives.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

9 Response to "My feelings, My thoughts, Myself…"

  1. a_akak says:
    June 28, 2007 at 3:13 p.m.

    Writing is a great way of blowing off steam :) and i agree with you and I write a lot and i have so many word files locked up and when i get upset, mad or excited i use to write and my teacher told me too, anyway i would like to THANK YOU for sharing this small but significant part of "Romana" and if it makes you happy then you go and pursue it and dont let anyone stop you and its you and its you who is going to be effected by what you want :) ............. Words? do they really say what they mean? or do they mean only what they say? .......... write and write till your heart is content

    Have a Nice weekend

    Fe Aman Allah

  2. Romana says:
    June 28, 2007 at 3:22 p.m.

    Thanks ahmed :) i will write and write and write till my heart is content as you said..

    "do they really say what they mean, or do they mean only what they say" it depends... i often say " i dont think a word can express what u have inside" but at other times you actually do find word..

    it depends...

    thanks a lot bro...

    you have a lovely weekend urself , and ra7 netfakrook fi the cup of coffee when the girls and i meet :)

    Cheerzzz

  3. ibeebarbie says:
    June 28, 2007 at 4:36 p.m.

    Salam Romana,
    Thank you for this post. This was the very first post I read for this Thursday and your words resignated through me. You sincerety was pure, mashallah.

    Embrace yours words. Share them or not, but embrace them nonetheless.

  4. Romana says:
    June 28, 2007 at 4:43 p.m.

    "Embrace yours words. Share them or not, but embrace them nonetheless. " thats the best advice someone has ever given me...

    thank you for reading

    and i promise, i will embrace...

  5. Anglo-Libyan says:
    June 28, 2007 at 5:52 p.m.

    you do have a way with writing and I am enjoying visiting your blog.

    keep it up :o)

  6. MaySoon says:
    June 28, 2007 at 10:53 p.m.

    I agree with every one, keep writing it is a gift from God, mashaAllah 3lek

    I used to write just to let go of whatever, but I was always afraid that someone can find what I was writing and read ME..:o) just afraid that my emotionas would be exposed while I was trying to show every one how tough I was :o)

  7. Romana says:
    June 30, 2007 at 10:56 a.m.

    Anglo Libyan i will print ur comment and have it on sme sort of certificate paper, and hang it on the wall, it means a lot to me that u enjoy visiting my blog.. thanks

    Maysoon sweets, im like that as well, it is hard to let go of ur writings to someone else, especially if they gave u a bad critique, that will kill u, i know..cos u poured ur heart and soul into it... =) thanks for tellin me that...

  8. mani says:
    June 30, 2007 at 3:29 p.m.

    please keep writing Romana.. its thoughts like yours and writing like yours and some others that gives me the will to write and share ideas...
    Bel3aks.. we are lucky to have you :)

    thanks sis

  9. Romana says:
    July 1, 2007 at 7:59 a.m.

    Dear Mani, thanks for the encouragement, i feel like im on Oprah or something with all these beautiful words and attention from you all...

    thanks bro... and its people like you, and the rest of the gang that make me want to keep writing.. =)