My wonderful Friday!


Heeeeeeeeeyyyy..Goooood morning everybody... Dudes and Dudettes <--- we need a cool name too, lol. I had the most amaaazing Friday, u know when everything falls into place, and nothing screws it up? well that's how my Friday was spent... my day started at 11am, where my friend and i had pre-planned to go to Saraya for breakfast, amazingly they are open on Fridays before prayer time. Anyone who lives in Libya and is reading this, try the Strawberry Melba, YUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM!!! Here are some pics to demonstrate the yumminess!



BEFORE , OBVIOUSLY! LOL








AFTER!! LOL



I can happily say that i consumed more than my share of calories for the day! but u think i stopped?! lol, i have a sweet tooth, and often than not i indulge my cravings... :P so bye-bye diet! hehehehe btw, u will notice in my future posts inshalla that IM ALWAYS on a diet! lol... its as if i was born with some sort of a mental chronic disease called "i have to lose weight!" lakin beeni o beenkom, i do! one of thecool thing Libyan ladies always tell me when i complain about my weight is the following phrase " la la 3adi mashi fik il 6ool" how spirit lifting eh?

Anyway i blabbed enough; let me finish telling u about my Funky Friday. After we had devoured the fresh strawberry ice-cream coated with whipped cream and covered with fresh strawberries, we decided to have lunch! ok, so that you wouldn’t think im some sort of hybrid between a human and an elephant, we did give our stomachs time for digestion! and we talked for like 2 hrs... so wipe that shocked look off ur faces plz!!! o ehhhh mashi fiya il 6ool!

Our next stop was the new place that opened in Ben 3ashour, the "Food Court", it was our first time there... it was fun... they had quite a lot of choices, "Popeys" "Sub Marine" "Amico" (although in Spanish its amigo, but whatever makes them happy!) and another one that hasn’t opened yet... i wanted Mexican so i had Chicken Casadias and roasted potatoes... it was a very healthy meal, i was actually amazed when i saw they had roasted the potatoes with herbs, not fried them... and since i dont drink fizzy drinks (they're bad for ur bones, i'll elaborate more on that) it was quite a healthy meal considering it was under the "fast food" category...


I paid for Combo, so i got the Pepsi... didn’t drink it though, so dont start thinking im contradicting myself here! And since there's no juice available in their beverage list except juice from the kids 'happy meal' lol, i had that! yes, my inner child was screaming with joy! lol
we ate, satisfied our cravings for carbs and proteins, so we thought, why don’t we take a walk 3ala il Korneesh? and we did.. it was a sunny afternoon with a hint of breeze, the place was men-free (not 100% bs not enough to cause discomfort), so we took a stroll...



deeru roo7kom mashoftoosh the dirty water!








Check the following! i didnot think people slept in parks here! but i have proooooof!!!




They're alive don’t worry! i know they look like still bodies laying on the ground, but that's what we all look like when we're asleep! the pics aren’t all that clear, but there's not much you can do when u're sneaking behind a palm tree, bending forward, a hand clutching the tree and the other the mobile, with the force of gravity pulling you to the ground all the while trying to steal a pic for my blog ! Now that's a sacrifice right there don’t u think? With all the risks involved, what if they woke up and asked me what the hell i was doing ha?? ha?? ha?? and then kidnapped me and tortured me to death, and me refusing to say a word to keep my secret identity safe??? see that speaks VOLUMES about my personality,(looooool) you have courage, you have loyalty, you have speed (cos i ran zay lobna il saree3a when i saw them waking up) !!! ok romana, wake up!!! I’ve been watching too many fiction movies and cartoons!!! ok, back to reality!!!

next step of the day...

Around 5 pm, we went home, decided to watch a movie... we chose "Bobby"... and i recommend it to anyone who wants to watch something with substance and get goose-bumps upon hearing Robert Kennedy’s speeches... during the movie, we paused, and we discussed something... why is it that all the great leaders, the ones who cause a tipping point, the ones who actually create hope for those who have long lost it, are always assassinated??? Dr. Martin Luther Kind, Malcolm X, Robert Kennedy, Ghandi...and so much more....doesn’t that tell you what a creepy creepy world we're living in, one that cant sustain goodness, humanity, evolution of a human's spirit and beliefs? its just plain sad and distressing.
Nevertheless, even though we chose to end our day with something to ponder on, it was one of the nicest days in 2007 bil nesba liya... hope i emitted some of the happiness i had to you through those words and pictures...


cheerzzz everyone....
And may you have splendid monday =)
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

11 Response to "My wonderful Friday!"

  1. MaySoon says:
    June 18, 2007 at 11:20 a.m.

    NICE NICE that Strawberry Melba looked YUMMOO, do they make it with different flavours? I don't like strawberries :oS

    Ok I have been trying to stay away from fast food but you say they have a healthy meal such as the one you ordered, I am definitely going to try them ;o) "sebla"

    That's the Park against the Kabir Hotel right? it has to be Friday morning to find it mesh za7ma.. every time I pass by it, I think I wish I can bring Meral to play here but it's always freaking crowded!

  2. Romana says:
    June 18, 2007 at 11:38 a.m.

    Maysoon: they have Banana Split if like?

    yeaaaa they have a lot of other choice on their menu, go check it out, istrongly recommend it ..

    It is the one against Kabir Hotel... and when we went it was around 4 or so... u'd love it, Meral would love it...

    U're the 2nd person this week that tells me they dont like strawberries... Strawberries are losing a good number of fans, they should start working on some sort of "plz eat me" campaign!

  3. MaySoon says:
    June 18, 2007 at 1:12 p.m.

    LOL Romana, it's me not the Strawberries believe me..:oD

  4. DaMoon says:
    June 18, 2007 at 1:16 p.m.

    Oiy! someone is having a blast around da city, mashallah wallahi jebteiha fe khatri etal3a hade....lol but I don't think it's ever gonna happen to me cuz of da fact that i don't have friends...lol well i do, i mean my cuz is my friend but she is studying for her examz "jma3it ettub" my friend ayosh, I don't think she'd like going out on friday morning, we like to Zzzzz...lol but hey I am going to invite myself to ur outings next time...lol call me mutatafila if u like ;)

  5. Lebeeya says:
    June 18, 2007 at 1:29 p.m.

    Where is this place?!! mmmmm that looks so yummy! Damoon I am your friend, please take me to that place when I come!!

    What a day Romana, glad you enjoyed it. All bloggers seem to have had an eventful weekend, inshallah yidoom :D

  6. Romana says:
    June 18, 2007 at 1:32 p.m.

    hahahahaha Damoon, sure tfadli ya anesa mutatafela! lool
    i'm planning to take the rest of my friends to do the same thing next friday... so..hey...the more the merrier! im giving u an inviation, sparing you la9ab al ta6aful!

    Maysoon; oww so u're allergic??? shofti il nabe3'a ani, i figured it out! lool

  7. Happymoi says:
    June 18, 2007 at 3:20 p.m.

    Sounds like you had tons of fun....nice looking Strawberry Melba but i prefer chocalate related stuff:P

    Im glad you had a wonderful time..nice pics..wonderful post:)

  8. ibeebarbie says:
    June 18, 2007 at 6:00 p.m.

    Salam Romana,

    I'm a strawberry fan and would have devoured that tasty morsel you presented in the picture.

    Don't you just love having a camera for those wonderful candid shots? I just worry someone might be thinking I'm worthy of a candid shot themselves and then get all scurred. :o)

  9. MaySoon says:
    June 19, 2007 at 8:58 a.m.

    lool no Romana not allergic but I am picky when it comes to food, poor Mom used to cook me a different meal every time she cooked something I didn't like :o( inshallah rabi esam7ni! I was such a pain! (if my husband reads this he'll go .. duh "STILL" lol)

  10. Romana says:
    June 19, 2007 at 10:38 a.m.

    so im not a nabe3'a ( dam3et Marooko nezlet) lool!!! u girl are a blast man! u and ur sis make me laugh so hard 3ala il comments bta3etkom..looool

    thanks... spreading a smile 1st thing in the morning!

  11. DaMoon says:
    June 19, 2007 at 11:30 a.m.

    YES...lol I have a friday to look forward to ;) hehehe